Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pep talk for myself

A realization hit me today. Looking at my previous blog posts, I noticed that most were inclined towards complaining about life, about school, about things that’s not gonna change even if I keep complaining about them.

It’s actually all about the mindset.

When you are assigned a task, you can choose to either complete it with a positive attitude and take pride in your end product, or you can choose to complain about how troublesome it is and end have producing work that you know is not up to your own standards. It’s all in the mind. If you really look forward to doing something and accomplishing it, you don’t find it a chore and at the same time you can probably do a good job.

Perhaps all these years of studying has rendered me numb when accepting new things. Learning and studies, as corny as it may sound, should be about the discovery of new knowledge. When a lecturer says something in lecture, we should be going “wow I didn’t noe that!” instead of “omgwtf is he talking about... boring~~” I’ve kinda lost the drive to learn, and although I know its abit late for me to finally realize this today, I’m glad I still managed to do so before the exams.

So to everyone out there, regardless of whether you understand what I’m blabbering about, stay positive and work hard! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home