Wednesday, January 23, 2008

This sux

Ok I hereby declare that my lappie's keyboard has gone completely bonkers. It seems jammed or something, and whenever I try to press a key the dreaded "toot" sound will sound off (you know, the beep you hear when your com hangs and you try to press ctrl-alt-del).

So yup I'm using my desktop at home to blog now. Well to look at the optimistic side everything else on the laptop is fine. Given the fact that the laptop is 3.5 years old now, I'll consider myself lucky that it's just the keyboard that's malfunctioning. But then again without the keyboard, I cant basically do anything at all, and that includes msn chatting, surfing the web, work, and of cos DOTA. lol.

The immediate solution would of cos be to send my lappy for repairs, but that's also the sucky part. You see, my lappy's warranty is up. When I bought it I did not extend the warranty to 3 years, and even if I had, it would still have expired by now. So it seems that NUS IT-coop will no longer be responsible for any hardware changes that I request. Instead, I probably have to bring my lappy to the Toshiba Data Dynamics Centre at Kallang. I read on Toshiba's forum that the after-sales-service is rather sucky. For example, it's gonna cos $100 just for diagnosis. In other words I'll have to pay $100 just for them to LOOK at my lappy and see what's the problem. After that additional costs will depend on how much the installation of a new keyboard cost. Plus I doubt the service will be speedy. Kaoz.
Looks like its gonna be a hole in my pocket before CNY comes. =(

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey u know u can just plug in a normal keyboard to the usb port of your laptop and get it working again! :) may look ugly tho. haha.

:)

January 28, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home