Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Issues

Nothing much to blog about for the past few days, though of cos there's been alot of stuff going on. Like a typical singaporean, I know little bits and pieces of everything, but not well enough to be able to write anything constructive about them. Some random thoughts include:


1. Edison Chen scandal

Well guess there's nothing much I can say which most people dunno. Basically someone managed to hack into his computer, discovered, and subsequently leaked out these clips/photos that edison took while he was doing you-know-what with the other hk female stars. Completely destroyed the public images of the people involved (Cecilia, Ah jiao, Bobo chan etc)


2. Budget 2008

Again I don't know much details about the budget, except that apparently the economy has done well again last year and this year everyone would be getting a couple of hundred bucks again. Thanks to frens like Bingde who help me summarise the budget in a few short sentences lol. The focus is placed on education and making singapore more competitive etc. Yet everytime I read the reports on how much a needy person can get its always taken with a pinch of salt. Usually the media would report the MAXIMUM benefits for those living in the WORST case scenario, meaning the average person of cos would not be eligible for so much aid. Personally I feel that the middle-low income group is kinda neglected as always.


3. US Recession

According to what I've heard the effects are expected to hit Singapore by 2010. Our dear MM Lee is confident that we will not be hit too badly with China's and India's economy on the rise. I certainly hope so.


4. Work

Yes work as in going back to RSAF. They've already started sending me letters of notification on the dates to report back, the rough training schedule etc. Talk about being effective eh? Kinda scary to think that I'm actually gonna start work soon, since I never really worked before (tuition and odd jobs don't count). Hope it'll be a good experience bah.


5. Studies

Kinda losing the "fighting spirit" already. Definitely not as hardworking as I should, but I'm trying to up the tempo by keep telling myself that its my final sem. hope it works soon =X


Many other stuff, but too random to put into words heh. Back to mugging =.=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home