Saturday, January 9, 2010

2010...

I know its already the 11th day of 2010, but somehow I'm not feeling like it. I mean, 2009 just came and passed in a flash. So many things happened in the past year, yet somehow there wasn't really anything of specific significance.

Jan-Feb

Chinese New Year was pretty much the same as previous years, except last yr i had to endure my relatives' probing me about my ex-gf. For the first time in a long long time (except 2004 where it was spent in tekong), Valentine's Day was not spent with her, but with a friend chilling at some bar.

The news came just as I was about to stay in at OCS, and hit me real badly. But well, watever doesn't kill you makes you stronger I guess.

March

Commissioning. A once in a lifetime event. An event i've waited for more than 4 years. All the effort put in, all the training, it was all worth it. It was the first time I saw a double rainbow. Awesome.

April-June

Began working for real. Heavier responsibilities to bear, infinite things to learn, tough decisions to make, and a live-firing exercise to plan for. Work was busy, but kept me blissfully occupied. Went to KL with my family for a short getaway.

July

Took part in my first Army Half Marathon. Though it was only a 10km run, it was the first time I ever signed up for such an event, and the sense of accomplishment is addictive indeed.

August

Took up dancing at O-school again after a year long break. Re-discovered my interest for street dance and also helped to keep my saturday afternoons busy. Not to mention I had a great instructor! Totally lovin it =)

Sept-Oct

Joined SAFSA netball on impulse, despite my previous stereotypical thoughts on netball being a gals' sport. I was quickly proven wrong, and gradually began finding the sport both challenging and enjoyable. Guess we should all approach things with an open mind =)

Began going clubbing again after my virgin experience..... 3 years ago?? I've got to admit, I kinda enjoy it actually =p

Nov

Went for my first ever overseas exercise in Aussieland. If I remember correctly it was also the first time I've gone overseas for so long (18 days) Very enriching experience and really learnt alot from my boss.

Dec

Joined my first Standard Charteered Marathon. Surprised myself when I crossed the 42.195km mark (given the fact that the furthest I trained for b4 this was a mere 10km). Despite the following few days of muscle cramps, the experience was totally worth it. Even till now I still beam with pride just looking at the finisher medal.

Got a well-deserved long holiday during Christmas period, happily planning for my Taiwan trip with my sec school choir buddies! was so glad we finally managed to really organise a trip overseas despite all our conflicting schedules. Definitely one of the most memorable trips in a long time to come.

.
.
.

Yup that pretty much sums up the whole of 2009. Will update on the Taiwan trip and DT's concert in the next entry!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin to get income with a money that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

[url=http://theinvestblog.com] Online investment blog[/url]

January 15, 2010 at 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home